Definition of squawk
- squawk Noun A shrill noise, especially made by a voice; a yell, scream, or call.
- squawk Noun A four-digit transponder code used by aircraft for identification or transmission of emergency signals.
- squawk Noun An issue or complaint related to aircraft maintenance.
- squawk Noun The American night heron.
- squawk Verb To make a squawking noise; to yell, scream, or call out shrilly.
- squawk Verb To speak out; to protest.
- squawk Verb To report an infraction; to rat on or tattle; to disclose a secret.
- squawk Verb To set or transmit a four-digit transponder code.