Definition of snipe
- snipe Noun Any of various limicoline game birds of the family "Scolopacidae", having a long, slender, nearly straight beak.
- snipe Noun A fool; a blockhead.
- snipe Noun A shot from a concealed place.
- snipe Noun A member of the Engineering Department on a ship.
- snipe Noun A bottle of wine containing 0.1875 liters of fluid, 1/4 the volume of a standard bottle; a quarter bottle or piccolo.
- snipe Noun An animated promotional logo during a television show.
- snipe Verb To shoot at individuals from a concealed place.
- snipe Verb To make malicious, underhand remarks or attacks.
- snipe Verb To watch a timed online auction and place a winning bid at the last possible moment.