Definition of projection
- projection Noun Something which projects, protrudes, juts out, sticks out, or stands out.
- projection Noun The action of projecting or throwing or propelling something.
- projection Noun The display of an image by devices such as movie projector, video projector, overhead projector or slide projector.
- projection Noun A forecast or prognosis obtained by extrapolation
- projection Noun A belief or assumption that others have similar thoughts and experiences as oneself
- projection Noun The image that a translucent object casts onto another object.
- projection Noun An image of an object on a surface of fewer dimensions.
- projection Noun A transformation of one thing into something else, e.g. applications of functions.
- projection Noun Any of several systems of intersecting lines that allow the curved surface of the earth to be represented on a flat surface. The set of mathematics used to calculate coordinate positions.