Definition of past
- past Noun The period of time that has already happened, in contrast to the present and the future.
- past Noun The past tense.
- past Adjective Having already happened; in the past; finished.
- past Adjective Following expressions of time to indicate how long ago something happened; ago.
- past Adjective Of a period of time: having just gone by; previous.
- past Adjective Of a tense, expressing action that has already happened or a previously-existing state.
- past Adverb in a direction that passes
- past Preposition beyond in place, quantity or time