Definition of partisan
- partisan Noun An adherent to a party or faction.
- partisan Noun A fervent, sometimes militant, supporter or proponent of a party, cause, faction, person, or idea.
- partisan Noun The commander of a body of detached light troops engaged in making forays and harassing an enemy.
- partisan Noun Any member of such troops.
- partisan Adjective Adherent to a party or faction; especially, having the character of blind, passionate, or unreasonable adherence to a party; as, blinded by "partisan" zeal.
- partisan Adjective Devoted to or biased in support of a party, group, or cause: partisan politics.
- partisan Adjective Serving as commander or member of a body of detached light troops: as, a partisan officer or corps.
- partisan Noun A spear with a triangular, double-edged blade.
- partisan Noun A soldier armed with such a weapon.