Definition of needle
- needle Noun A long, thin, sharp implement usually for piercing such as sewing, or knitting, acupuncture, tattooing, body piercing, medical injections etc.
- needle Noun A long, thin device for indicating measurements on a dial or graph, e.g. a "compass needle".
- needle Noun A sensor for playing phonograph records, a phonograph stylus.
- needle Noun A long, pointed leaf found on some conifers.
- needle Noun The death penalty carried out by lethal injection.
- needle Verb To pierce with a needle, especially for sewing or acupuncture.
- needle Verb To tease in order to provoke; to poke fun at.