Definition of muff
- muff Noun A piece of fur or cloth, usually with open ends, used for keeping the hands warm.
- muff Noun Female pubic hair; the vulva.
- muff Noun A blown cylinder of glass which is afterward flattened out to make a sheet.
- muff Noun The feathers sticking out from both sides of the face under the beak of some birds.
- muff Noun An error, a mistake.
- muff Noun shortened form of muffin.
- muff Verb In American football, to drop or mishandle the ball, especially during a punt or kick-off.
- muff Verb By extension, to mishandle any situation.