Definition of keeper
- keeper Noun One who keeps.
- keeper Noun A person or thing worth keeping.
- keeper Noun A person charged with guarding or caring for, storing, or maintaining something; a custodian, a guard.
- keeper Noun The player charged with guarding a goal or wicket. Short form of goalkeeper, wicketkeeper.
- keeper Noun A part of a mechanism that catches or retains another part, for example the part of a door lock that fits in the frame and receives the bolt.
- keeper Noun An offensive play in which the quarterback runs toward the goal with the ball after it is snapped.