Definition of inner
- inner Adjective Being or occurring (farther) inside, situated farther in, located (situated) or happening on the inside of something, situated within or farther within contained within something ("inner door", "inner room", inner sanctum, inner surface).
- inner Adjective Close to the centre, located near or closer to center ("the inner suburbs").
- inner Adjective Inside or closer to the inside of the body (inner ear).
- inner Adjective Of mind or spirit, relating to the mind or spirit, to spiritual or mental processes, mental, spiritual, relating to somebody's private feelings or happening in somebody's mind, existing as an often repressed part of one's psychological makeup ("inner confidence", "inner strength", "inner life", inner child, inner artist, inner peace, inner light).
- inner Adjective Not obvious, private, not expressed, not apparent, hidden, less apparent, deeper, obscure, ; innermost or essential, needing to be examined closely or thought about in order to be seen or understood ("inner meaning", inner resources, inner logic ).
- inner Adjective Privileged, more or most privileged, more or most influential, intimate, exclusive, more important, more intimate, private, secret, confined to an exclusive group, exclusive to a center; especially a center of influence being near a center especially of influence ("inner circle", inner council ).
- inner Noun An inner part.
- inner Noun A forward who plays in or near the center of the field.
- inner Noun A thin glove worn inside batting gloves or wicket-keeping gloves.