Definition of holiday
- holiday Noun A day on which a festival, religious event, or national celebration is traditionally observed.
- holiday Noun A day declared free from work by the government.
- holiday Noun A period of one or more days taken off work by an employee for leisure.
- holiday Noun A period during which pupils and students do not attend their school or university.
- holiday Noun A period taken off work or study for travel.
- holiday Noun An unintentional gap left on a plated, coated, or painted surface.Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/holiday (accessed: June 26, 2007).
- holiday Verb To take a period of time away from work or study.
- holiday Verb To spend a period of time for travel.