Definition of gowned
- gowned Verb Past of gown
- gown Noun A loose, flowing upper garment.
- gown Noun The ordinary outer dress of a woman; as, a calico or silk gown.
- gown Noun The official robe of certain professional men and scholars, as university students and officers, barristers, judges, etc.; hence, the dress of peace; the dress of civil officers, in distinction from military.
- gown Noun The university community.
- gown Noun A loose wrapper worn by gentlemen within doors; a dressing gown.
- gown Noun Any sort of dress or garb.
- gown Noun The robe worn by a surgeon.
- gown Verb To dress in a gown, to don or garb with a gown.