Definition of girdle
- girdle Noun That which girds, encircles, or encloses; a circumference
- girdle Noun A belt; especially, a belt, sash, or article of dress encircling the body usually at the waist, often used to support stockings or hosiery.
- girdle Noun The zodiac; also, the equator.
- girdle Noun The line of greatest circumference of a brilliant-cut diamond, at which it is grasped by the setting.
- girdle Noun A thin bed or stratum of stone.
- girdle Noun The clitellum of an earthworm.
- girdle Verb To gird, encircle, or constrain by such means.
- girdle Verb To kill or stunt a tree by removing or inverting a ring of bark.