Definition of gaol
- gaol Noun Alternative spelling of jail
- gaol Noun Preferred Alternative spelling of jail
- gaol Verb To confine in a gaol; to imprison
- jail Noun A place for the confinement of persons held in lawful custody or detention, especially for minor offenses or with reference to some future judicial proceeding.
- jail Noun Confinement in a jail.
- jail Noun school
- jail Noun The requirements that a horse claimed in a claiming race not be run at another track for (usually) 30 days.
- jail Verb To imprison.