Definition of drum
- drum Noun A percussive musical instrument spanned with a thin covering on at least one end for striking, forming an acoustic chamber, affecting what materials are used to make it.
- drum Noun Any similar hollow, cylindrical object.
- drum Noun In particular, a barrel or large cylindrical container for liquid transport and storage.
- drum Noun A social gathering or assembly held in the evening.
- drum Noun The encircling wall that supports a dome or cupola
- drum Noun Any of the cylindrical blocks that make up the shaft of a pillar
- drum Verb ("music") To beat a drum.
- drum Verb To knock successively and playfully.
- drum Verb To drill or review in an attempt to establish memorization.