Definition of compact
- compact Noun An agreement or contract.
- compact Adjective Closely packed, i.e. packing much in a small space.
- compact Adjective Having all necessary features fitting neatly into a small space.
- compact Adjective (of a set in an Euclidean space) Closed and bounded.
- compact Adjective Such that every exhaustion of it by (overlapping) open balls has the property that some finitely many of those balls will also cover it.
- compact Adjective ("of a set") Such that every open cover of the given set has a finite subcover.
- compact Noun A small folding mirror containing powder that fits into a woman's purse or handbag.
- compact Verb To make more dense; to compress.