Definition of chevron
- chevron Noun a V-shaped pattern; used in architecture, and as an insignia of military or police rank, on the sleeve
- chevron Noun A wide inverted V placed on a shield.
- chevron Noun V-shaped markings on the surface of roads used to indicate minimum distances between vehicles
- chevron Noun A guillemet, either of the punctuation marks "«" or "»", used in several languages to indicate passages of speech. Similar to typical quotation marks used in the English language such as """ and """.
- chevron Verb to form or be formed into chevrons