Definition of cannon
- cannon Noun A complete assembly, consisting of an artillery tube and a breech mechanism, firing mechanism or base cap, which is a component of a gun, howitzer or mortar. It may include muzzle appendages.(JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
- cannon Noun A large-bore machine gun.
- cannon Noun A bone of a horse's leg, between the fetlock joint and the knee or hock.
- cannon Noun A large muzzle-loading artillery piece.
- cannon Noun A shot in which the ball struck with the cue comes in contact with two or more balls on the table; a hitting of two or more balls with the player's ball.
- cannon Noun The arm of a player that can throw well.
- cannon Verb To bombard with cannons
- cannon Verb To play the carom billiard shot. To strike two balls with the cue ball
- cannon Verb To fire something, especially spherical, rapidly.