Definition of apprentice
- apprentice Noun A trainee, especially in a skilled trade.
- apprentice Noun One who is bound by indentures or by legal agreement to serve a tradesperson, or other person, for a certain time, with a view to learn the art, or trade, in which his master is bound to instruct him.
- apprentice Noun One not well versed in a subject; a tyro or newbie.
- apprentice Verb To put under the care and supervision of a master, for the purpose of instruction in a trade or business.
- apprentice Verb To be an apprentice to.