Definition of Yankee
- Yankee Noun A native or inhabitant of New England.
- Yankee Noun A native or inhabitant of the Northern USA.
- Yankee Noun A native or inhabitant of the USA.
- Yankee Noun The letter "Y" in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- Yankee Noun A large triangular headsail used in light or moderate winds and set on the fore topmast stay. Unlike a genoa it does not fill the whole fore triangle, but is set in combination with the working staysail.
- Yankee Noun A player that plays for the New York Yankees.
- Yankee Noun A wager on four selections, consisting of 11 separate bets: six doubles, four trebles and a fourfold accumulator. A minimum two selections must win to gain a return.