Definition of Moor
- Moor Noun A member of an ancient Berber people from Numidia.
- Moor Noun A member of an Islamic people of Arab or Berber origin ruling Spain and parts of North Africa from the 8th to the 15th centuries.
- Moor Noun A Muslim or a person from the Middle East or Africa.
- Moor Noun A person of mixed Arab and Berber ancestry inhabiting the Mediterranean coastline of northwest Africa.
- Moor Noun A person of an ethnic group speaking the Hassaniya language, mainly inhabiting Western Sahara, Mauritania, and parts of neighbouring countries (Morocco, Mali, Senegal etc.).