Definition of Gypsies
- Gypsies Noun Plural of Gypsy
- Gypsy Noun A member of the Romani people, or one of it sub-groups (Roma, Sinti, Romanichel, etc). "Gypsy" is not used by the Romani people themselves (it is an exonym) and is considered pejorative by some, mainly among the Romani people themselves.
- Gypsy Noun A member of other nomadic peoples, not only Romani people; a traveller.
- Gypsy Proper noun The language of the Romani people; Romani.
- Gypsy Adjective Of or belonging to the Romani people or one of it sub-groups (Roma, Sinti, Romanichel, etc). This term is sometimes considered pejorative.
- Gypsy Adjective Of or belonging to the "Gypsy" "race" (Webster).