Definition of Gospel
- Gospel Proper noun Alternative spelling of gospel
- Gospel Proper noun One of the first four books of the New Testament, Matthew, Mark, Luke or John.
- gospel Noun The first section of the Christian New Testament scripture, comprising the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, concerned with the life, death, resurrection, and teachings of Jesus.
- gospel Noun An account of the life, death, resurrection, and teachings of Jesus, generally written during the first several centuries of the Common Era.
- gospel Noun A message expected to have positive reception or effect.
- gospel Noun the teaching of Divine grace as distinguished from the Law or Divine commandments
- gospel Noun gospel music